Royston Show Us Your Knickers campaign sees 1,600 items donated
- Credit: Archant
The duo behind an underwear donations drive in Royston have thanked the community after more than 1,600 items were handed in.
Christine Brown and Jane Wallington started the Royston Show Us Your Knickers campaign to send much-needed underwear to women and children in Africa.
They said: "We want to say a massive thank you to everyone who donated. The final total is 786 bras, 344 pairs of ladies pants and an amazing 532 pairs of children's pants.
"The coffee morning at the end of April at the Jolly Postie raised £301.76! This money has been donated to the charity Smalls for All which is based in Scotland.
"Our first parcels have been delivered to Smalls for All and the underwear will make its way to Africa from there. The second delivery is planned for August."
You may also want to watch:
Follow the Facebook page 'Royston show us your knickers' for details on next year's campaign or email email@example.com.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 MP welcomes Secretary of State to biomedical campus