Royston Show Us Your Knickers campaign sees 1,600 items donated
- Credit: Archant
The duo behind an underwear donations drive in Royston have thanked the community after more than 1,600 items were handed in.
Christine Brown and Jane Wallington started the Royston Show Us Your Knickers campaign to send much-needed underwear to women and children in Africa.
They said: "We want to say a massive thank you to everyone who donated. The final total is 786 bras, 344 pairs of ladies pants and an amazing 532 pairs of children's pants.
"The coffee morning at the end of April at the Jolly Postie raised £301.76! This money has been donated to the charity Smalls for All which is based in Scotland.
"Our first parcels have been delivered to Smalls for All and the underwear will make its way to Africa from there. The second delivery is planned for August."
You may also want to watch:
Follow the Facebook page 'Royston show us your knickers' for details on next year's campaign or email email@example.com.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing