Royston schools merger: Consultation on future of Greneway, Roysia and Meridian opens on Friday
- Credit: Archant
The consultation into the Royston schools merger will open on Friday for the community to submit their views.
Royston Schools Academy Trust is consulting on the proposal to merge Greneway and Roysia middle schools and Meridian School to create one school, for those from Year 5 to Year 13.
Greneway and Roysia’s head Laura Rawlings will be headteacher of the new through school.
An RSAT spokeswoman told the Crow: “We are delighted with the level of feedback we have received to date linked to the proposed changes.
“This is an important change and we look forward to sharing the proposal document and providing further opportunity for the community to input their views.
You may also want to watch:
“Our recent open events exceeded all expectations in terms of attendance and it was a brilliant opportunity to share our offer with prospective parents whose feedback was overwhelming positive.”
Details of the consultation can be found on the school websites from Friday, and the consultation period closes on December 1.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result