Royston school riding high after GCSE result success
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Meridian School have reason to celebrate today after producing ‘exceptional’ GCSE results.
About 20 per cent of all grades achieved were A* or A grades, while almost 40 per cent were grade A*, A or B.
Assistant headteacher David Atkins said: “While these high grades are so encouraging, we must add that at Meridian, where progress is monitored against individual students’ target grades, it has given huge pleasure to see students working so hard and attaining well deserved grades, whatever they may be.
“This year group – the largest Year 11 cohort at Meridian for a number of years – worked extremely hard to achieve some exceptionally pleasing results.
“Always enthusiastic for all of the various opportunities which school life presented, they have shown how academically capable they are. “The vast majority of these students have come up through the first and middle school system of Royston and its surrounding villages, and can feel really proud of these achievements.”
You may also want to watch:
Jess Weatherall, head of sixth form, said: “It has been a pleasure to work with these students and they should be pleased with what they have achieved at this stage in their school careers. We look forward to working with many of them when they join the Meridian sixth form at the start of the new term, and wish them all well when they commence their studies or training beyond Year 11.”
The school has decided not to publish the overall percentage pass rate at this stage in a move repeated across North Herts, but have picked out some of this year’s star performers.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Missing teen found safe and well
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
•Dominic Caddick 9 A* 4 A 1 B
•Saffy Cook 9 A* 2 A 1 B 1 C
•Kaitlin Saward 8 A* 5 A
•Katie Reynolds 8 A* 3 A 1 B 1 C
•Matthew Houghton 7 A* 4 A 1 B 1 C
•Amy Jordan 5 A* 5 A 2 B 1 C
•Sophie Davies 4 A* 7 A 2 B
•Hollie Jennings 4 A* 7 A 2 B
•Abbie Robinson 4 A* 7 A 1 B 1 C
•Joe Ready 4 A* 4 A 4 B 1 C