Royston school pupils give food to those in need this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Meridian students have worked together with their tutors to deliver Christmas hampers and emergency food donations to the Royston Foodbank.
The hampers were put together to provide families in Royston with some much needed food over the Christmas period.
“The students have made a real effort to bring these hampers together and we are delighted with the amount we have managed to collect” said Cathy Harrison, senior tutor and Performing Arts teacher.
“It is a great exercise in logistics and planning and has educated the pupils about their own community and good citizenship.”
More than 13 million people live below the poverty line in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Foodbanks provide a minimum of three days emergency food and support to local people in crisis and help stop local people going hungry.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?