Royston school hosts careers fair
- Credit: Archant
Where can you find a paramedic, an IT technician and a kitchin fitter sitting next to each other?
This isn’t a bad joke but in fact a careers fair which was hosted at Roysia Middle School last week.
The event which featured around 20 different companies who highlighted the different jobs they do to Year 7 and 8 pupils .
Erica Clark, deputy head of the school, said: “The idea of the day was to open the childrens minds to what is possible in life and to encourage them to make sensible subject choices.
“It was really successful and they were absolutley thrilled with. There were careers that they didn’t even know exsisted. We had such a variety of professionals here from nearly 20 different jobs and the children had advice from the a careers officer.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about careers visit www.youthconnexions-hertfordshire.org
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston