Royston school hosts careers fair
- Credit: Archant
Where can you find a paramedic, an IT technician and a kitchin fitter sitting next to each other?
This isn’t a bad joke but in fact a careers fair which was hosted at Roysia Middle School last week.
The event which featured around 20 different companies who highlighted the different jobs they do to Year 7 and 8 pupils .
Erica Clark, deputy head of the school, said: “The idea of the day was to open the childrens minds to what is possible in life and to encourage them to make sensible subject choices.
“It was really successful and they were absolutley thrilled with. There were careers that they didn’t even know exsisted. We had such a variety of professionals here from nearly 20 different jobs and the children had advice from the a careers officer.”
For more information about careers visit www.youthconnexions-hertfordshire.org
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'