Royston school hosts careers fair
- Credit: Archant
Where can you find a paramedic, an IT technician and a kitchin fitter sitting next to each other?
This isn’t a bad joke but in fact a careers fair which was hosted at Roysia Middle School last week.
The event which featured around 20 different companies who highlighted the different jobs they do to Year 7 and 8 pupils .
Erica Clark, deputy head of the school, said: “The idea of the day was to open the childrens minds to what is possible in life and to encourage them to make sensible subject choices.
“It was really successful and they were absolutley thrilled with. There were careers that they didn’t even know exsisted. We had such a variety of professionals here from nearly 20 different jobs and the children had advice from the a careers officer.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about careers visit www.youthconnexions-hertfordshire.org
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange