Royston school hosts careers fair
- Credit: Archant
Where can you find a paramedic, an IT technician and a kitchin fitter sitting next to each other?
This isn’t a bad joke but in fact a careers fair which was hosted at Roysia Middle School last week.
The event which featured around 20 different companies who highlighted the different jobs they do to Year 7 and 8 pupils .
Erica Clark, deputy head of the school, said: “The idea of the day was to open the childrens minds to what is possible in life and to encourage them to make sensible subject choices.
“It was really successful and they were absolutley thrilled with. There were careers that they didn’t even know exsisted. We had such a variety of professionals here from nearly 20 different jobs and the children had advice from the a careers officer.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about careers visit www.youthconnexions-hertfordshire.org
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 PCC funding boost sees defibrillators installed across Herts
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation