Royston school hosts careers fair
- Credit: Archant
Where can you find a paramedic, an IT technician and a kitchin fitter sitting next to each other?
This isn’t a bad joke but in fact a careers fair which was hosted at Roysia Middle School last week.
The event which featured around 20 different companies who highlighted the different jobs they do to Year 7 and 8 pupils .
Erica Clark, deputy head of the school, said: “The idea of the day was to open the childrens minds to what is possible in life and to encourage them to make sensible subject choices.
“It was really successful and they were absolutley thrilled with. There were careers that they didn’t even know exsisted. We had such a variety of professionals here from nearly 20 different jobs and the children had advice from the a careers officer.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about careers visit www.youthconnexions-hertfordshire.org
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences