Royston school gets baking in heats
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Greneway School in Royston dusted off their pinnies and got crafty in the kitchen to compete in the first heats of the Great Greneway Bake Off.
Parents, students and staff judged the first round of the annual bake off which took place on Friday afternoon and saw 94 pupils take part.
Their challenge was to bake and decorate six identical cupcakes, without any help from home.
Receptionist Nicola Bedford, who helped organise the event, said: “It was fantastic. It’s a great opportunity for children to get involved who don’t usually partake in other activities.
“The bake off just keeps growing year on year.”
You may also want to watch:
A grand total of £222 was raised, to be shared between the charities Keech House Hospice, RSPCA, Diabetes UK and the British Heart Foundation.
A total of 16 bakers, four from each house, have been chosen to go through to the next round of the competition.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 7 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 8 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 9 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 10 Pupils become journalists for class topic