Royston school gets baking in heats
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Greneway School in Royston dusted off their pinnies and got crafty in the kitchen to compete in the first heats of the Great Greneway Bake Off.
Parents, students and staff judged the first round of the annual bake off which took place on Friday afternoon and saw 94 pupils take part.
Their challenge was to bake and decorate six identical cupcakes, without any help from home.
Receptionist Nicola Bedford, who helped organise the event, said: “It was fantastic. It’s a great opportunity for children to get involved who don’t usually partake in other activities.
“The bake off just keeps growing year on year.”
You may also want to watch:
A grand total of £222 was raised, to be shared between the charities Keech House Hospice, RSPCA, Diabetes UK and the British Heart Foundation.
A total of 16 bakers, four from each house, have been chosen to go through to the next round of the competition.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims