Royston school gets baking in heats
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Greneway School in Royston dusted off their pinnies and got crafty in the kitchen to compete in the first heats of the Great Greneway Bake Off.
Parents, students and staff judged the first round of the annual bake off which took place on Friday afternoon and saw 94 pupils take part.
Their challenge was to bake and decorate six identical cupcakes, without any help from home.
Receptionist Nicola Bedford, who helped organise the event, said: “It was fantastic. It’s a great opportunity for children to get involved who don’t usually partake in other activities.
“The bake off just keeps growing year on year.”
You may also want to watch:
A grand total of £222 was raised, to be shared between the charities Keech House Hospice, RSPCA, Diabetes UK and the British Heart Foundation.
A total of 16 bakers, four from each house, have been chosen to go through to the next round of the competition.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance