Royston’s twinning team is hoping to fill key committee roles
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Royston first embraced the concept of town twinning way back in 1974.
It’s all about bringing people together and creating opportunities for citizens of member towns to experience and explore other cultures.
A wealth of fun and friendship has grown up over the years between Royston and its three twin towns – Großalmerode in Germany, La Loupe in France and Villanueva de la Cañada in Spain.
Regular twinning visits and exchange trips take place in association with links between families, particular groups in the town such as Royston Town Band, sports groups, and the parish church.
The Royston Town Twinning Association co-ordinates and manages the relationship between the towns on behalf of Royston Town Council and some exciting opportunities have become available to join this energetic committee.
Could you be the new chair to act as the focal point for the association?
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 3 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 6 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 9 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 10 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
This position also involves co-ordinating and supporting the activities of the vice-chairs for each of Royston’s three twin towns and other committee members.
Or what about the secretary role dealing with correspondence and minutes? There’s also a social secretary opportunity for someone who can bring the membership together around events which raise funds. You could also join as a general as a general committee member.
You will be warmly welcomed at the monthly committee meetings in Royston and gain connections in France, Germany and Spain. Just contact us to be connected with a truly continental experience!You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk