Royston’s twinning team is hoping to fill key committee roles
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Royston first embraced the concept of town twinning way back in 1974.
It’s all about bringing people together and creating opportunities for citizens of member towns to experience and explore other cultures.
A wealth of fun and friendship has grown up over the years between Royston and its three twin towns – Großalmerode in Germany, La Loupe in France and Villanueva de la Cañada in Spain.
Regular twinning visits and exchange trips take place in association with links between families, particular groups in the town such as Royston Town Band, sports groups, and the parish church.
You may also want to watch:
The Royston Town Twinning Association co-ordinates and manages the relationship between the towns on behalf of Royston Town Council and some exciting opportunities have become available to join this energetic committee.
Could you be the new chair to act as the focal point for the association?
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 9 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
This position also involves co-ordinating and supporting the activities of the vice-chairs for each of Royston’s three twin towns and other committee members.
Or what about the secretary role dealing with correspondence and minutes? There’s also a social secretary opportunity for someone who can bring the membership together around events which raise funds. You could also join as a general as a general committee member.
You will be warmly welcomed at the monthly committee meetings in Royston and gain connections in France, Germany and Spain. Just contact us to be connected with a truly continental experience!You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk