Royston’s top snappers put pictures on display
- Credit: Archant
Architecture, wildlife and international destinations are just some of the subjects featuring in new photographic exhibition.
Royston Photographic Society’s annual exhibition opened at Royston and district Museum, in Lower King Street, last weekend.
Over 30 members have contributed images to exhibition, which has an ‘open’ theme.
David Hatton, the club’s press officer, said: “I’m confident this is our biggest and most diverse exhibition at the museum to date, highlighting the remarkable range of subjects chosen by the club’s photographers.
“It amply illustrates the fine skills possessed by the club’s members. It’s a great way for the club to showcase its talent and for local people to see familiar subjects and sites, often captured in an unusual way. It’s also an opportunity for visitors to bag themselves a really affordable sample of local art to hang at home.”
You may also want to watch:
Museum curator Sarah Russell said: “It is good to see the Exhibition here again; it is a celebration of local skills.
“It’s important that everyone knows we are here. The Museum belongs to the residents of Royston.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended
The exhibition is free to enter at the regular museum opening times of Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, 10am-4.45pm and runs until early July.
The society meets on Thursday evenings in term time at Icknield Walk First School and welcomes enquiries from potential new members. Details at www.roystonphotographicsociety.co.uk.