Royston’s top snappers put pictures on display
- Credit: Archant
Architecture, wildlife and international destinations are just some of the subjects featuring in new photographic exhibition.
Royston Photographic Society’s annual exhibition opened at Royston and district Museum, in Lower King Street, last weekend.
Over 30 members have contributed images to exhibition, which has an ‘open’ theme.
David Hatton, the club’s press officer, said: “I’m confident this is our biggest and most diverse exhibition at the museum to date, highlighting the remarkable range of subjects chosen by the club’s photographers.
“It amply illustrates the fine skills possessed by the club’s members. It’s a great way for the club to showcase its talent and for local people to see familiar subjects and sites, often captured in an unusual way. It’s also an opportunity for visitors to bag themselves a really affordable sample of local art to hang at home.”
Museum curator Sarah Russell said: “It is good to see the Exhibition here again; it is a celebration of local skills.
“It’s important that everyone knows we are here. The Museum belongs to the residents of Royston.”
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
The exhibition is free to enter at the regular museum opening times of Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, 10am-4.45pm and runs until early July.
The society meets on Thursday evenings in term time at Icknield Walk First School and welcomes enquiries from potential new members. Details at www.roystonphotographicsociety.co.uk.