Royston’s top snappers put pictures on display
- Credit: Archant
Architecture, wildlife and international destinations are just some of the subjects featuring in new photographic exhibition.
Royston Photographic Society’s annual exhibition opened at Royston and district Museum, in Lower King Street, last weekend.
Over 30 members have contributed images to exhibition, which has an ‘open’ theme.
David Hatton, the club’s press officer, said: “I’m confident this is our biggest and most diverse exhibition at the museum to date, highlighting the remarkable range of subjects chosen by the club’s photographers.
“It amply illustrates the fine skills possessed by the club’s members. It’s a great way for the club to showcase its talent and for local people to see familiar subjects and sites, often captured in an unusual way. It’s also an opportunity for visitors to bag themselves a really affordable sample of local art to hang at home.”
You may also want to watch:
Museum curator Sarah Russell said: “It is good to see the Exhibition here again; it is a celebration of local skills.
“It’s important that everyone knows we are here. The Museum belongs to the residents of Royston.”
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
The exhibition is free to enter at the regular museum opening times of Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, 10am-4.45pm and runs until early July.
The society meets on Thursday evenings in term time at Icknield Walk First School and welcomes enquiries from potential new members. Details at www.roystonphotographicsociety.co.uk.