Royston father and son take on London to Brighton Bike Ride 2018
- Credit: Archant
A Royston father and his son took on a charity cycle ride for the British Heart Foundation last Sunday.
Ron Burt and son Matthew each took on BHF’s London to Brighton Bike Ride 2018 for the first time – and had the support of their wife and mum Rowena, and the crowds on the day.
Matthew told the Crow: “Dad and I found the ride tough, especially the hills, but it was absolutely brilliant.
“The atmosphere was really great, and support from the public as we passed though the towns and villages along the route was fantastic.
“Everyone cheering us on gave us a great boost and it was great to chat to the other riders along the route.
“Some had done the ride several times and gave us some helpful tips, others were novices like us, the miles seemed to roll by.
“Hats off to the British Heart Foundation for the great organisation and support behind such an event. A big thank you to all of the marshals to guide us along the route and the helpers at the many stops – the bacon rolls went down particularly well!”
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
To donate to Ron and Matthew’s cause go to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/m-burt1