Royston father and son take on London to Brighton Bike Ride 2018
- Credit: Archant
A Royston father and his son took on a charity cycle ride for the British Heart Foundation last Sunday.
Ron Burt and son Matthew each took on BHF’s London to Brighton Bike Ride 2018 for the first time – and had the support of their wife and mum Rowena, and the crowds on the day.
Matthew told the Crow: “Dad and I found the ride tough, especially the hills, but it was absolutely brilliant.
“The atmosphere was really great, and support from the public as we passed though the towns and villages along the route was fantastic.
“Everyone cheering us on gave us a great boost and it was great to chat to the other riders along the route.
You may also want to watch:
“Some had done the ride several times and gave us some helpful tips, others were novices like us, the miles seemed to roll by.
“Hats off to the British Heart Foundation for the great organisation and support behind such an event. A big thank you to all of the marshals to guide us along the route and the helpers at the many stops – the bacon rolls went down particularly well!”
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
To donate to Ron and Matthew’s cause go to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/m-burt1