Royston father and son take on London to Brighton Bike Ride 2018
- Credit: Archant
A Royston father and his son took on a charity cycle ride for the British Heart Foundation last Sunday.
Ron Burt and son Matthew each took on BHF’s London to Brighton Bike Ride 2018 for the first time – and had the support of their wife and mum Rowena, and the crowds on the day.
Matthew told the Crow: “Dad and I found the ride tough, especially the hills, but it was absolutely brilliant.
“The atmosphere was really great, and support from the public as we passed though the towns and villages along the route was fantastic.
“Everyone cheering us on gave us a great boost and it was great to chat to the other riders along the route.
You may also want to watch:
“Some had done the ride several times and gave us some helpful tips, others were novices like us, the miles seemed to roll by.
“Hats off to the British Heart Foundation for the great organisation and support behind such an event. A big thank you to all of the marshals to guide us along the route and the helpers at the many stops – the bacon rolls went down particularly well!”
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
To donate to Ron and Matthew’s cause go to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/m-burt1