Royston’s May Fayre returns to Priory Memorial Gardens
- Credit: Clive Porter
Royston’s Priory Memorial Gardens is the place to be today as the annual May Fayre is back in town.
The free family-friendly event will be officially opened by the mayor at 12 noon.
There are many attractions throughout the gardens including live music from the town band and swing band Opus 17, funfair rides, inflatables, a climbing wall, a traditional Punch and Judy show, bungee trampoline and the ever-entertaining dog competition.
As part of this year’s May Fayre, there is an exciting new addition from the Naturally Royston team in the form of a environmental section in place outside the town hall.
The Royston Repair Café group will be joined by the North Herts District Council’s recycling and food waste team, the North Herts Bee Keepers Association and the district council’s park ranger who will be bringing lots of country crafts for children and adults to try out.
You may also want to watch:
Also as part of the May Fayre celebrations, the Royston Historic Vehicle Show organised by the Royston Rotary Club will be held in the town hall car park.
The event runs until 4.30pm and is sponsored by the Rotary Club and Royston Town Council.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM