Royston community enjoys marvellous May Fayre
- Credit: Archant
The community basked in glorious early summer sunshine at this year’s May Fayre, which took place at Royston’s Priory Memorial Gardens on bank holiday Monday.
There was plenty going on at the fayre – from stalls selling cakes and crafts, to musical entertainment and a dog show organised by Royston Veterinary Centre.
Across the road at the town hall car park, there was an historical vehicle show organised by The Rotary Club of Royston, which had many eye-catching exhibits to see.
No.3 Royston craft shop owner Laura Whitford, who attended the fayre ahead of national initative Yarn Shop Day which takes place this Saturday, told the Crow: “It was such a lovely afternoon with stalls from all aspects of Royston life.
“Thanks to the town council for arranging such a great event!”
You may also want to watch:
The fayre is a highlight of the Royston calendar, and was sponsored by Royston Town Council and the Rotary club.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge