Royston’s Lisa set to dazzle punters with her artwork display at Curwens
- Credit: Archant
A busy mum-of-three from Royston who usually has to wait until her boys are asleep before starting a project is excited to be exhibiting her artwork at Curwens Gallery in the High Street.
Lisa Stanway has always loved art but hasn’t had much time since having children – although it seems the artistic flair runs in the family as her eldest George is a talented artist who she suspects will be exhibiting his own work very shortly.
The 38-year-old experiments with a range of materials from oil painting, to silk painting, decoupage to polymer clay.
The exhibition in Curwens will feature pyrography – the art of decorating wood by burning a design on the surface with a heated metal point – and a mosaic bowl.
Lisa said: “I was encouraged when I sold my first oil painting and gave all the profit to Macmillan Cancer Support.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very lucky to have a shelf in craft shop No.3 where recently I raised £180 for the Poppy Appeal with my handmade poppy brooches.
“The Curwens exhibition is an exciting way for me to show some of my work and to have it displayed in their window for every passerby to see is a great honour.”
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
- 10 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
Everyone is welcome to the preview evening next Thursday – January 21 – between 6pm and 8pm to enjoy a glass of wine and meet Lisa and the other two local artists exhibiting, Emily Cook and Philippa Sanders.