Royston’s Laura loves her shaved head after going under the razor in support of cancer suffering grandad
- Credit: Archant
A Royston barista said having her long hair shaved off for charity was both ‘scary and amazing’ after she went under the razor as part of Brave the Shave month.
Laura Horsley took part in the Macmillan event at her work in Costa Coffee at Tesco Extra to show support for her cancer suffering grandfather Ben.
She said: “It was so scary but the turn out was amazing and so was the support.
“My 18 month old daughter Lexi was my biggest worry but she loves it and I must admit – it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.”
Laura has so far raised almost £1,000 for the charity, but you can still donate by searching for Laura Horsley on the Brave the Shave website.
You may also want to watch:
Another Royston fundraising champ who had her locks chopped off for charity over the bank holiday weekend is nine-year-old Bethany Curtis-Copeland.
She used to sport hair so long she could sit on it, but donated her long hair to the Little Princess Trust who make wigs for children with cancer after having it cut to a shoulder length bob at Carlo and Co on Saturday.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
Her mother Anji said: “She always thinks of others before herself and never expects anything in return.”
To donate to Bethany’s fundraising event, visit www.justgiving.com/bethanycurtis-copeland or text CURT91 £1 to 70070.