Royston’s flowerpot “bomb” revealed
Pictures show unusual pot
THESE pictures show the flower pot which had bomb squad officers rushing to Royston last month.
As reported in The Crow, the unusual looking flowerpot was discovered at a house in Baldock Road, Royston, one afternoon last month, and its appearance led the owners of the property to call the police when they found it in their garden.
Initially fearing that the item was an unexploded bomb, officers called in the experts.
A police spokesman said at the the time: “Specialist police officers and the Explosives Ordnance Disposal team attended the address to identify the object and ensure the safety of people living in the local area.
“The object was quickly identified as a flower pot and all officers left the scene.”
This week the owners of the house, who did not wish to be named, said: “The pictures show the pot before and after the bomb disposal men dug it out.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
“As you can see, it doesn’t look like any old flower pot!”