Royston’s flowerpot “bomb” revealed
Pictures show unusual pot
THESE pictures show the flower pot which had bomb squad officers rushing to Royston last month.
As reported in The Crow, the unusual looking flowerpot was discovered at a house in Baldock Road, Royston, one afternoon last month, and its appearance led the owners of the property to call the police when they found it in their garden.
Initially fearing that the item was an unexploded bomb, officers called in the experts.
A police spokesman said at the the time: “Specialist police officers and the Explosives Ordnance Disposal team attended the address to identify the object and ensure the safety of people living in the local area.
You may also want to watch:
“The object was quickly identified as a flower pot and all officers left the scene.”
This week the owners of the house, who did not wish to be named, said: “The pictures show the pot before and after the bomb disposal men dug it out.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
“As you can see, it doesn’t look like any old flower pot!”