Royston’s flowerpot “bomb” revealed
Pictures show unusual pot
THESE pictures show the flower pot which had bomb squad officers rushing to Royston last month.
As reported in The Crow, the unusual looking flowerpot was discovered at a house in Baldock Road, Royston, one afternoon last month, and its appearance led the owners of the property to call the police when they found it in their garden.
Initially fearing that the item was an unexploded bomb, officers called in the experts.
A police spokesman said at the the time: “Specialist police officers and the Explosives Ordnance Disposal team attended the address to identify the object and ensure the safety of people living in the local area.
“The object was quickly identified as a flower pot and all officers left the scene.”
This week the owners of the house, who did not wish to be named, said: “The pictures show the pot before and after the bomb disposal men dug it out.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
“As you can see, it doesn’t look like any old flower pot!”