Royston’s flowerpot “bomb” revealed
Pictures show unusual pot
THESE pictures show the flower pot which had bomb squad officers rushing to Royston last month.
As reported in The Crow, the unusual looking flowerpot was discovered at a house in Baldock Road, Royston, one afternoon last month, and its appearance led the owners of the property to call the police when they found it in their garden.
Initially fearing that the item was an unexploded bomb, officers called in the experts.
A police spokesman said at the the time: “Specialist police officers and the Explosives Ordnance Disposal team attended the address to identify the object and ensure the safety of people living in the local area.
You may also want to watch:
“The object was quickly identified as a flower pot and all officers left the scene.”
This week the owners of the house, who did not wish to be named, said: “The pictures show the pot before and after the bomb disposal men dug it out.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 6 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
“As you can see, it doesn’t look like any old flower pot!”