Royston’s Faye, 17, braves the shave to help make wishes come true
- Credit: Archant
A Royston teenager has shaved off her long head of hair to raise money for a charity which grants wishes to young people living with cancer in the UK.
Faye Godfrey braved the shave at Damian’s Barber Shop in Buntingford and so far she has raised £500 for Steph’s Wishes.
Faye said: “When Damian started to shave my head it felt very weird and cold. I have never shaved my hair before so it was very different for me, but I have been told it actually suits me.
“I posted the pictures on Facebook to show all of my supporters that I had done it, and I got a lot of feedback from people telling me how brave I am. I am a cleaner at my mum’s business and we also donated money towards the shave.”
To donate to the cause and help Faye reach her fundraising target, click here.
Steph’s Wishes is a charity set up in memory of Stephanie Knight, who died of cancer in May 2013.
You may also want to watch:
Faye added: “I am very proud of what I have achieved for the charity and myself. I am only 17-years-old and this is the same age as Steph when she was diagnosed with Ewing’s Sarcoma of the pelvis.”
The charity aims to give memory days to young people in the UK aged between 18 and 25 years old.
To find out more, visit the website at www.stephswishes.org.uk.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services