Royston’s day centre team is in need of new friends on Friday
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Looking for a warm friendly place where your help will be greatly appreciated and you will meet some lovely people? Royston Day Centre would love to meet you!
Located in the Old Barn behind the High Street, the day centre provides a welcome chance for our older residents to socialise with people of a similar age and enjoy a different activity every day, followed by a freshly prepared two-course lunch.
Without a lovely team of committed volunteers, this wonderful facility in our town would not be able to provide what is often the highlight of the week for those living alone or who can no longer get out and about easily.
Your help is urgently needed for the Friday session when practical friendly people are needed between 9.30am and 1pm to prepare, serve and clear away the meals, help with teas and coffees and wash up.
You may also want to watch:
No formal skills or experience are needed but volunteers need to be able to take on respons-ibility regarding the organising and serving the hot lunch.
You don’t have to be a cordon bleu cook – good basic skills from people who have cooked for home and family are fine, and in house training on basic food hygiene is on offer.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
On Thursdays, friendly, patient volunteers to help our elderly members take part in our morning activity sessions are also needed.
These will include handicrafts, art activities, embroidery, music etc all accompanied by a good old chat!
To get involved, just contact us and we will be very glad you in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk