Royston’s day centre team is in need of new friends on Friday
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Looking for a warm friendly place where your help will be greatly appreciated and you will meet some lovely people? Royston Day Centre would love to meet you!
Located in the Old Barn behind the High Street, the day centre provides a welcome chance for our older residents to socialise with people of a similar age and enjoy a different activity every day, followed by a freshly prepared two-course lunch.
Without a lovely team of committed volunteers, this wonderful facility in our town would not be able to provide what is often the highlight of the week for those living alone or who can no longer get out and about easily.
Your help is urgently needed for the Friday session when practical friendly people are needed between 9.30am and 1pm to prepare, serve and clear away the meals, help with teas and coffees and wash up.
You may also want to watch:
No formal skills or experience are needed but volunteers need to be able to take on respons-ibility regarding the organising and serving the hot lunch.
You don’t have to be a cordon bleu cook – good basic skills from people who have cooked for home and family are fine, and in house training on basic food hygiene is on offer.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
On Thursdays, friendly, patient volunteers to help our elderly members take part in our morning activity sessions are also needed.
These will include handicrafts, art activities, embroidery, music etc all accompanied by a good old chat!
To get involved, just contact us and we will be very glad you in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk