Royston’s Banyers House manager praises parent firm after Princess Royal’s Training Award win
- Credit: Archant
The new general manager of Banyers House in Royston has praised parent firm Oakman Inns & Restaurants after the business was recognised in awards commending training and skills.
The Princess Royal’s Training Award gives accolades to firms’ HR departments from industries including hospitality, healthcare and finance. Oakman was the only pub group in the 40 recipients.
Manager Stevie Watts said: “It is such a proud moment for Oakman Inns to be the only pub group to receive this year’s Princes Royal Training Award.
“I know from personal experience how important it is, regardless of your choice of career path, to have the opportunity to learn the skills that ensure you’ll always be able to earn a living.
“The HR team has created just such a system so that every member of our staff can advance their careers and develop their skills at their preferred pace and all while working. It’s a win-win situation - and I’m always happy to meet anyone who’s interested in learning a career in hospitality especially with the opportunities we have within our fast growing company.”
The businesses, selected from a list of 116, will be honoured by HRH The Princess Royal at a ceremony due to take place this autumn.
For more on Banyers House see www.banyershouse.co.uk.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 4 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 5 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?