Royston Rugby Club women’s team to flourish thanks to grant boost
- Credit: Archant
Two sporting clubs in and around Royston were both successful in scoring grants from North Herts District Council’s Royston area committee.
A newly formed women’s team at Royston Rugby Club will be using their £800 grant to purchase essential equipment, including ladies size rugby balls, first aid kits, cones and bibs.
Laura Mcgillivray, a founding member of the women’s team at Royston Rugby Club, said: “The council helped to secure a great opportunity for women and girls to learn about the sport, enjoy exercise, get fit, have fun and make friends in Royston and the surrounding communities.
“The grant will allow us to train two coaches and buy equipment for sessions and matches. With properly trained coaches for women and dedicated equipment, we look forward to attracting new members as well as progressing the existing members next season.”
Meanwhile, Reed Cricket Club has received £1,000, with the funding being used towards the purchase of nets, matting and a waterhog to assist with water removal, so the team can play matches which would otherwise be abandoned.
You may also want to watch:
The club says funding is critical to enable them to provide a high standard of facilities.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 9 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing