Royston Rotarians honour member of 40 years
- Credit: Archant
Royston Rotarians have celebrated 40 years of service by one of the club’s longest-serving and most active members.
Ken Charles, who has been president of the Rotary Club of Royston and district governor, was presented with a certificate by current governor Dave Ford for four decades.
Ken is a well known local figure having been headteacher at Greneway Middle School for many years, and also for his promotion of basketball.
At the Royston club he served as youth service chair for many years. He has also been instrumental in introducing a number of youth-centred events involving local schools, such as Youth makes Music, Youth Speaks and the Technology Tournament, all of which have become staples of the club’s successful youth programme.
Ken was also active in the Children in Need charity and the Royston Kite Festival and remains passionate about supporting youth development.
You may also want to watch:
For more on the Royston branch go to www.roystonrotary.com.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing