Royston repair team fix up a great birthday party
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a repair cafe in Royston says the two year anniversary of the charity was a ‘really happy’ event.
The budding team of volunteers who repair items for free for people in the community shared birthday cakes and gifts with everyone who came through the door at Sunday’s event.
Repairer Chris Lee, pictured above with a celebration cake, said: “Everybody was really happy. Everyone got a slice of birthday cake and presents.
“People left donations and we are going to buy some equipment with the money.
“A lot of people who came had been before, so that’s a good sign that people have had a good experience. We were really happy, it just gets bigger and bigger.”
You may also want to watch:
The team saw 30 items, and managed to fix 16, with two still pending. There was a whole array of items, including a sewing machine that’s about 45 years old. To find out more, like Royston Repair Cafe on Facebook.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements