Royston repair team fix up a great birthday party
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a repair cafe in Royston says the two year anniversary of the charity was a ‘really happy’ event.
The budding team of volunteers who repair items for free for people in the community shared birthday cakes and gifts with everyone who came through the door at Sunday’s event.
Repairer Chris Lee, pictured above with a celebration cake, said: “Everybody was really happy. Everyone got a slice of birthday cake and presents.
“People left donations and we are going to buy some equipment with the money.
“A lot of people who came had been before, so that’s a good sign that people have had a good experience. We were really happy, it just gets bigger and bigger.”
You may also want to watch:
The team saw 30 items, and managed to fix 16, with two still pending. There was a whole array of items, including a sewing machine that’s about 45 years old. To find out more, like Royston Repair Cafe on Facebook.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services