Royston repair team fix up a great birthday party
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a repair cafe in Royston says the two year anniversary of the charity was a ‘really happy’ event.
The budding team of volunteers who repair items for free for people in the community shared birthday cakes and gifts with everyone who came through the door at Sunday’s event.
Repairer Chris Lee, pictured above with a celebration cake, said: “Everybody was really happy. Everyone got a slice of birthday cake and presents.
“People left donations and we are going to buy some equipment with the money.
“A lot of people who came had been before, so that’s a good sign that people have had a good experience. We were really happy, it just gets bigger and bigger.”
You may also want to watch:
The team saw 30 items, and managed to fix 16, with two still pending. There was a whole array of items, including a sewing machine that’s about 45 years old. To find out more, like Royston Repair Cafe on Facebook.
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!