Royston repair cafe returns on Sunday with new smartphone and tablet service
- Credit: Archant
The Royston Repair Cafe returns for a another fix on Sunday with a new free service added to the regular repair of bikes, electrical and other household items.
Staff from the iFixit Repairs shop in Kneesworth Street will be at the Market Hill Rooms to give free assessments of mobile and iPad problems and, where possible, free quick fixes.
Where more work is required, owners will be advised about likely cost for the follow-up.
Organiser Chris Lee is delighted to be able to offer this service.
“We don’t want to take business away from local repairers,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve heard good reports about James and Tim at the iFixit shop and this is a chance for people to try them out at no cost.”
All owners with items for repair are asked to book in their details online at roystonrepaircafe12.eventbrite.co.uk so that volunteer repair people can be prepared at the session which runs from 10am to 1pm on Sunday.
Further information and free repair tips are at www.facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services