Royston repair cafe returns on Sunday with new smartphone and tablet service
- Credit: Archant
The Royston Repair Cafe returns for a another fix on Sunday with a new free service added to the regular repair of bikes, electrical and other household items.
Staff from the iFixit Repairs shop in Kneesworth Street will be at the Market Hill Rooms to give free assessments of mobile and iPad problems and, where possible, free quick fixes.
Where more work is required, owners will be advised about likely cost for the follow-up.
Organiser Chris Lee is delighted to be able to offer this service.
“We don’t want to take business away from local repairers,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve heard good reports about James and Tim at the iFixit shop and this is a chance for people to try them out at no cost.”
All owners with items for repair are asked to book in their details online at roystonrepaircafe12.eventbrite.co.uk so that volunteer repair people can be prepared at the session which runs from 10am to 1pm on Sunday.
Further information and free repair tips are at www.facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements