Royston repair cafe returns on Sunday with new smartphone and tablet service
- Credit: Archant
The Royston Repair Cafe returns for a another fix on Sunday with a new free service added to the regular repair of bikes, electrical and other household items.
Staff from the iFixit Repairs shop in Kneesworth Street will be at the Market Hill Rooms to give free assessments of mobile and iPad problems and, where possible, free quick fixes.
Where more work is required, owners will be advised about likely cost for the follow-up.
Organiser Chris Lee is delighted to be able to offer this service.
“We don’t want to take business away from local repairers,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve heard good reports about James and Tim at the iFixit shop and this is a chance for people to try them out at no cost.”
All owners with items for repair are asked to book in their details online at roystonrepaircafe12.eventbrite.co.uk so that volunteer repair people can be prepared at the session which runs from 10am to 1pm on Sunday.
Further information and free repair tips are at www.facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash