Royston repair cafe offers advice
- Credit: Archant
Owners of broken items wanting to learn about basic repairs are invited to a free event in Royston on Sunday.
Volunteer repairers will be on hand at the Market Hill Rooms from 10am to 1pm to assess bicycles, clothes, electrical and other items and, if possible, fix them.
A new feature at the fourth Royston Repair Cafe is a series of short advice sessions including a sewing surgery at 10.30am, table lamp troubleshooting at 11am and a puncture repair demonstration at 11.30am.
Co-organiser Chris Lee said: “Often repair success is about having a bit of self-confidence and a basic understanding of how everyday items work. The demonstrations mean people can learn while they wait to see a repairer, finding out about even more ways to save money through repair and re-use.”
Chris was presented with ten free Royston Leisure Centre swimming vouchers after winning first prize in North Herts District Council’s ‘Waste Less Live More’ resourceful challenge. His winning entry was a patio table made entirely from recycled builders’ palettes.
You may also want to watch:
The Royston Freecycle event is free, thanks to sponsorship by EnlightKS, and support from volunteers, but people with broken items are asked to book in advance at www.roystonrepaircafe4.eventbrite.co.uk to make sure the right repairers are available.
If you’d like to check out the repair tips and updates, go to www.Facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange