Royston repair cafe offers advice
- Credit: Archant
Owners of broken items wanting to learn about basic repairs are invited to a free event in Royston on Sunday.
Volunteer repairers will be on hand at the Market Hill Rooms from 10am to 1pm to assess bicycles, clothes, electrical and other items and, if possible, fix them.
A new feature at the fourth Royston Repair Cafe is a series of short advice sessions including a sewing surgery at 10.30am, table lamp troubleshooting at 11am and a puncture repair demonstration at 11.30am.
Co-organiser Chris Lee said: “Often repair success is about having a bit of self-confidence and a basic understanding of how everyday items work. The demonstrations mean people can learn while they wait to see a repairer, finding out about even more ways to save money through repair and re-use.”
Chris was presented with ten free Royston Leisure Centre swimming vouchers after winning first prize in North Herts District Council’s ‘Waste Less Live More’ resourceful challenge. His winning entry was a patio table made entirely from recycled builders’ palettes.
The Royston Freecycle event is free, thanks to sponsorship by EnlightKS, and support from volunteers, but people with broken items are asked to book in advance at www.roystonrepaircafe4.eventbrite.co.uk to make sure the right repairers are available.
If you’d like to check out the repair tips and updates, go to www.Facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told