Royston rallies together to raise funds for Home-Start after funding cut
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Royston will host a charity golf day to raise funds for a cause close to his heart.
Councillor Ben Lewis will hold the Royston Mayor’s Golf Day in September to raise funds for family support charity Home-Start and the Mayors Trust.
Each budding golfer will get a coffee and bacon roll, followed by a buffet, raffle and auction. The event will be held on September 11 and entry closes on Friday August 28.
To find out how to apply, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home-Start also benefitted from a fundraising boost from the Royston community when about 40 local supporters held a coffee morning at the end of last month, raising £425. Events such as these will become increasingly vital for Home-Start as Herts County Council recently announced it will no longer fund the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Barbara Blower, scheme manager of the Royston and South Cambridgeshire branch, said: “The strength of HSRSC is that, whatever the involvement in the scheme, we all share the same vision – supporting families in our local community.
“I am sure that together we will be able to continue to finance this great service.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses