Royston rallies together to raise funds for Home-Start after funding cut
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Royston will host a charity golf day to raise funds for a cause close to his heart.
Councillor Ben Lewis will hold the Royston Mayor’s Golf Day in September to raise funds for family support charity Home-Start and the Mayors Trust.
Each budding golfer will get a coffee and bacon roll, followed by a buffet, raffle and auction. The event will be held on September 11 and entry closes on Friday August 28.
To find out how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Home-Start also benefitted from a fundraising boost from the Royston community when about 40 local supporters held a coffee morning at the end of last month, raising £425. Events such as these will become increasingly vital for Home-Start as Herts County Council recently announced it will no longer fund the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Barbara Blower, scheme manager of the Royston and South Cambridgeshire branch, said: “The strength of HSRSC is that, whatever the involvement in the scheme, we all share the same vision – supporting families in our local community.
“I am sure that together we will be able to continue to finance this great service.”
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator