Royston rallies together to raise funds for Home-Start after funding cut
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Royston will host a charity golf day to raise funds for a cause close to his heart.
Councillor Ben Lewis will hold the Royston Mayor’s Golf Day in September to raise funds for family support charity Home-Start and the Mayors Trust.
Each budding golfer will get a coffee and bacon roll, followed by a buffet, raffle and auction. The event will be held on September 11 and entry closes on Friday August 28.
To find out how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Home-Start also benefitted from a fundraising boost from the Royston community when about 40 local supporters held a coffee morning at the end of last month, raising £425. Events such as these will become increasingly vital for Home-Start as Herts County Council recently announced it will no longer fund the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Barbara Blower, scheme manager of the Royston and South Cambridgeshire branch, said: “The strength of HSRSC is that, whatever the involvement in the scheme, we all share the same vision – supporting families in our local community.
“I am sure that together we will be able to continue to finance this great service.”
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Missing teen found safe and well