Royston rail crossing project delayed
WORK has been delayed on the Royston rail crossing although the finish date is not expected to be affected.
The �3.8m project will see an underpass link two ends of Royston between the Burns Road estate and Green Street.
Work began on the scheme, dubbed the Coombes Hole by residents, last Spring and was expected to be finished last month.
Hertfordshire County Council have been working in conjunction with Birse Rail on the project.
A council spokesman said: “Unfortunately there has been a slight delay in the completion of the works, this was due to contractors finding minor corrections needed during the course of the works.
You may also want to watch:
“We are pleased that all work should now be completed by middle/end of May and the delay should not have any impact on the opening of the crossing.”
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now