Royston rail crossing project delayed
WORK has been delayed on the Royston rail crossing although the finish date is not expected to be affected.
The �3.8m project will see an underpass link two ends of Royston between the Burns Road estate and Green Street.
Work began on the scheme, dubbed the Coombes Hole by residents, last Spring and was expected to be finished last month.
Hertfordshire County Council have been working in conjunction with Birse Rail on the project.
A council spokesman said: “Unfortunately there has been a slight delay in the completion of the works, this was due to contractors finding minor corrections needed during the course of the works.
You may also want to watch:
“We are pleased that all work should now be completed by middle/end of May and the delay should not have any impact on the opening of the crossing.”
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Stagecoach bus routes changing due to lack of staff
- 10 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction