Royston rail crossing project delayed
WORK has been delayed on the Royston rail crossing although the finish date is not expected to be affected.
The �3.8m project will see an underpass link two ends of Royston between the Burns Road estate and Green Street.
Work began on the scheme, dubbed the Coombes Hole by residents, last Spring and was expected to be finished last month.
Hertfordshire County Council have been working in conjunction with Birse Rail on the project.
A council spokesman said: “Unfortunately there has been a slight delay in the completion of the works, this was due to contractors finding minor corrections needed during the course of the works.
“We are pleased that all work should now be completed by middle/end of May and the delay should not have any impact on the opening of the crossing.”
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'