Royston rail crossing project delayed
WORK has been delayed on the Royston rail crossing although the finish date is not expected to be affected.
The �3.8m project will see an underpass link two ends of Royston between the Burns Road estate and Green Street.
Work began on the scheme, dubbed the Coombes Hole by residents, last Spring and was expected to be finished last month.
Hertfordshire County Council have been working in conjunction with Birse Rail on the project.
A council spokesman said: “Unfortunately there has been a slight delay in the completion of the works, this was due to contractors finding minor corrections needed during the course of the works.
You may also want to watch:
“We are pleased that all work should now be completed by middle/end of May and the delay should not have any impact on the opening of the crossing.”
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation