Royston rail crossing project delayed
WORK has been delayed on the Royston rail crossing although the finish date is not expected to be affected.
The �3.8m project will see an underpass link two ends of Royston between the Burns Road estate and Green Street.
Work began on the scheme, dubbed the Coombes Hole by residents, last Spring and was expected to be finished last month.
Hertfordshire County Council have been working in conjunction with Birse Rail on the project.
A council spokesman said: “Unfortunately there has been a slight delay in the completion of the works, this was due to contractors finding minor corrections needed during the course of the works.
You may also want to watch:
“We are pleased that all work should now be completed by middle/end of May and the delay should not have any impact on the opening of the crossing.”
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17