Royston newsagent targeted in armed robbery
- Credit: Archant
A Royston newsagent was targeted in an armed robbery at the weekend.
Police are investigating following the incident at McColl’s in Queens Road, which took place at 5.55pm on Saturday.
A police spokeswoman told the Crow: “It was reported that a man had entered the shop and threatened a member of staff with a knife.
“Cash was handed over and the offender left the store, No one was injured during the incident and enquiries are continuing at this time.”
The store has been targeted by thieves previously – including at the end of 2016 when the window was smashed twice within the period of a month – and both times thieves tried to break into a cash machine.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the latest incident should call police on 101, quoting reference 41/28089/20. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or report information online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme