Royston pubs sign up to community toilet scheme
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers needing to use the facilities in Royston town centre will be able to access toilets in two of the pubs without being customers because of a new scheme brought about after the closure of The Cross toilets.
Royston Town Council members opted to close the lavatories at The Cross last September, citing costs due to persistent vandalism as the reason for no longer managing the site.
The town council has now arranged for ‘community toilets’ to be available from Sunday, April 1, at The Jolly Postie in Baldock Street and the Coach and Horses in Kneesworth Street during opening hours.
That means you can use the loos in The Jolly Postie from 10am to 11pm from Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 10.30pm on Sunday, and at the Coach and Horses from 12 noon to 9pm Sunday to Tuesday, 12 noon to 10pm Wednesday and Thursday, and on Friday and Saturday they will be open from 12 noon to midnight.
Look for the stickers in their windows and use their toilets as necessary.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Lindsay Davidson said: “We are extremely grateful to the management of both of these public houses for agreeing to become part of this scheme, and we will be helping them to cover any extra maintenance costs they might incur as a result of their community generosity.
“If any other establishments would like to participate in this scheme, please contact Royston Town Council on 01763 245484.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 9 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation