Royston pub basks in glory after being put at top of list by Wetherspoons enthusiast Mags
- Credit: Archant
Staff at The Manor House pub in Royston are proud as punch after being named ‘one of the best Wetherspoons in the UK’ by the woman who has visited almost every branch in the country.
Last week Mags Thomson from Scotland, who has visited almost 1,000 branches, told the Crow The Manor House has a ‘really nice homely atmosphere’ and is ‘a really nice place with very friendly staff’.
She’d ordered a cheese and onion toastie and polished it off with a brandy.
Shift leader Steph Jones, 23, said: “It’s really nice of her to say those things about the pub – it’s especially important from someone who is such a big Wetherspoons fan.
“We have always been very customer-based at The Manor House and it has always been our priority to make sure every customer is happy. Every single one means a lot.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s like a big family. We know our customers.
“If they ask for any drink we will try to make it. Even if we have a bad day, we won’t take it out on them.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
“I did my training at The Regal in Cambridge. It’s very different. It’s a lot more personal here.
“In Royston everyone knows everyone. It’s a very close knit town. Everybody loves it.”