Royston pub basks in glory after being put at top of list by Wetherspoons enthusiast Mags
- Credit: Archant
Staff at The Manor House pub in Royston are proud as punch after being named ‘one of the best Wetherspoons in the UK’ by the woman who has visited almost every branch in the country.
Last week Mags Thomson from Scotland, who has visited almost 1,000 branches, told the Crow The Manor House has a ‘really nice homely atmosphere’ and is ‘a really nice place with very friendly staff’.
She’d ordered a cheese and onion toastie and polished it off with a brandy.
Shift leader Steph Jones, 23, said: “It’s really nice of her to say those things about the pub – it’s especially important from someone who is such a big Wetherspoons fan.
“We have always been very customer-based at The Manor House and it has always been our priority to make sure every customer is happy. Every single one means a lot.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s like a big family. We know our customers.
“If they ask for any drink we will try to make it. Even if we have a bad day, we won’t take it out on them.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
“I did my training at The Regal in Cambridge. It’s very different. It’s a lot more personal here.
“In Royston everyone knows everyone. It’s a very close knit town. Everybody loves it.”