Royston pub basks in glory after being put at top of list by Wetherspoons enthusiast Mags
- Credit: Archant
Staff at The Manor House pub in Royston are proud as punch after being named ‘one of the best Wetherspoons in the UK’ by the woman who has visited almost every branch in the country.
Last week Mags Thomson from Scotland, who has visited almost 1,000 branches, told the Crow The Manor House has a ‘really nice homely atmosphere’ and is ‘a really nice place with very friendly staff’.
She’d ordered a cheese and onion toastie and polished it off with a brandy.
Shift leader Steph Jones, 23, said: “It’s really nice of her to say those things about the pub – it’s especially important from someone who is such a big Wetherspoons fan.
“We have always been very customer-based at The Manor House and it has always been our priority to make sure every customer is happy. Every single one means a lot.
“It’s like a big family. We know our customers.
“If they ask for any drink we will try to make it. Even if we have a bad day, we won’t take it out on them.
- 1 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 2 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 3 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 4 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 7 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 8 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 9 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
“I did my training at The Regal in Cambridge. It’s very different. It’s a lot more personal here.
“In Royston everyone knows everyone. It’s a very close knit town. Everybody loves it.”