Royston pub basks in glory after being put at top of list by Wetherspoons enthusiast Mags
- Credit: Archant
Staff at The Manor House pub in Royston are proud as punch after being named ‘one of the best Wetherspoons in the UK’ by the woman who has visited almost every branch in the country.
Last week Mags Thomson from Scotland, who has visited almost 1,000 branches, told the Crow The Manor House has a ‘really nice homely atmosphere’ and is ‘a really nice place with very friendly staff’.
She’d ordered a cheese and onion toastie and polished it off with a brandy.
Shift leader Steph Jones, 23, said: “It’s really nice of her to say those things about the pub – it’s especially important from someone who is such a big Wetherspoons fan.
“We have always been very customer-based at The Manor House and it has always been our priority to make sure every customer is happy. Every single one means a lot.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s like a big family. We know our customers.
“If they ask for any drink we will try to make it. Even if we have a bad day, we won’t take it out on them.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
“I did my training at The Regal in Cambridge. It’s very different. It’s a lot more personal here.
“In Royston everyone knows everyone. It’s a very close knit town. Everybody loves it.”