Royston pub basks in glory after being put at top of list by Wetherspoons enthusiast Mags
- Credit: Archant
Staff at The Manor House pub in Royston are proud as punch after being named ‘one of the best Wetherspoons in the UK’ by the woman who has visited almost every branch in the country.
Last week Mags Thomson from Scotland, who has visited almost 1,000 branches, told the Crow The Manor House has a ‘really nice homely atmosphere’ and is ‘a really nice place with very friendly staff’.
She’d ordered a cheese and onion toastie and polished it off with a brandy.
Shift leader Steph Jones, 23, said: “It’s really nice of her to say those things about the pub – it’s especially important from someone who is such a big Wetherspoons fan.
“We have always been very customer-based at The Manor House and it has always been our priority to make sure every customer is happy. Every single one means a lot.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s like a big family. We know our customers.
“If they ask for any drink we will try to make it. Even if we have a bad day, we won’t take it out on them.
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
“I did my training at The Regal in Cambridge. It’s very different. It’s a lot more personal here.
“In Royston everyone knows everyone. It’s a very close knit town. Everybody loves it.”