Photography club launches online exhibition
- Credit: Andrew Colgan
Royston Photography Society will be holding their exhibition online next month.
The exhibition, which is normally displayed at Royston Museum & Art Gallery, will launch on Zoom with an opening celebration on Tuesday, June 1. The event will start at 7pm with a broadcast of the exhibition pictures.
Recently the society also held two competitions, both of which were won by former chair Andrew Colgan.
His daughter modelled for one of his winning entries, which he entitled 'Girl with a Pearl Earring'. It was one of three pictures which was awarded 20 points, but the judges felt Andrew's had the 'wow factor' to deserve first place.
Andrew won the second competition for a picture which he took at Diamond Beach in Iceland. Andrew's picture drew the judge's attention because of how he captured the light.
To join the Zoom use meeting ID 991 0100 3454 and passcode 300985
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'