Royston Photographic Society exhibition on at town’s museum
- Credit: Archant
The annual exhibition by Royston Photographic Society is on display at Royston & District Museum and Art Gallery.
Mayor Vera Swallow officially opened the display, which was introduced by society vice chairperson Jitka Brynjolffssen.
Club member David Hatton said: “This is a really eye-catching exhibition highlighting the great range of talent possessed by the club’s members.
“We are really grateful to the museum manager Jenny Oxley and her volunteers for setting up this excellent show.
“Featuring architecture, sports, portraiture, wildlife, still-life and international travel, to name but a few, it shows off the wide range of techniques members use to capture memorable images. It’s a great way for the club to showcase its talents and help celebrate the 30th year since the society’s formation in 1987.”
You may also want to watch:
The photo society meets Thursday evenings in term time at Icknield Walk First School and caters for all levels of experience, offering a schedule of talk nights, inter-club competitions, studio shoots and practical evenings.
The club welcomes enquiries from potential new members, for more information go to www.roystonphotographicsociety.co.uk.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 9 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 10 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition