Royston Photographic Society exhibition on at town’s museum
- Credit: Archant
The annual exhibition by Royston Photographic Society is on display at Royston & District Museum and Art Gallery.
Mayor Vera Swallow officially opened the display, which was introduced by society vice chairperson Jitka Brynjolffssen.
Club member David Hatton said: “This is a really eye-catching exhibition highlighting the great range of talent possessed by the club’s members.
“We are really grateful to the museum manager Jenny Oxley and her volunteers for setting up this excellent show.
“Featuring architecture, sports, portraiture, wildlife, still-life and international travel, to name but a few, it shows off the wide range of techniques members use to capture memorable images. It’s a great way for the club to showcase its talents and help celebrate the 30th year since the society’s formation in 1987.”
You may also want to watch:
The photo society meets Thursday evenings in term time at Icknield Walk First School and caters for all levels of experience, offering a schedule of talk nights, inter-club competitions, studio shoots and practical evenings.
The club welcomes enquiries from potential new members, for more information go to www.roystonphotographicsociety.co.uk.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements