Royston Photographic Society declares competition winners
- Credit: Jitka Brynjolffssen
Royston Photographic Society has announced its first competition winner of the season after a break over the summer.
Linda Besin was named winner of the overall competition for her photo created using oil and water, with judges awarding her 20 marks out of 20 for her precise focus work giving clear definition to the circles of oil.
A second competition for monochrome photos was held, and Jitka Brynjolffssen was announced as the winner for her photo of a spiral staircase.
With COVID cases spreading, the society is currently meeting via Zoom each week. Face-to-face meetings are still taking place in the landscape group, who meet in small numbers and have trips planned to autumnal beauty spots.
Soon society members will also be out and about in Royston to collect the first round of pictures to form an archive for Royston Museum.
For more information about the society, contact Peter Baker on 07921 191887.
- 1 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 2 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 6 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker