Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- Credit: Linda Besin
Royston Photographic Society has announced the winner of its latest competition, which called for photographers to send in their best abstract pictures.
Linda Besin produced her winning picture by laying oil on a dish of water, all placed on top of a colourful background. Her picture was chosen as the winner for how she executed the lighting, focus and depth of field.
In the society's landscape group, members are preparing for the easing of lockdown, when the agenda will be based around the exploration of Wimpole Estate in Arrington.
The group has been using their existing knowledge of Wimpole to generate ideas for pictures with a different perspective on the parkland.
Upcoming photography competitions are on the themes of minimalism, people and an open competition for any type of photo.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining the society should contact Peter Baker on 07921191887.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 4 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation