Royston people get the chance to make a splash as CVS spreads the love
- Credit: Archant
The 100-day Love Your Neighbourhood campaign promoted by North Herts CVS has a splashing star attraction on offer as part of its push to offer community based activities for people in Royston – with the chance to tackle the London 2012 Olympics canoe course at the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
The taster session on Monday will give people the chance to get out on the water, with qualified instructors on hand to teach you basic paddling techniques.
The session will run from 12 noon to 2pm at the centre in Waltham Cross and is open to anyone aged eight or over, and costs just £5 per person.
All equipment will be provided and no experience is required.
There are 40 places available with two hour-long slots – from 12 noon to 1pm and from 1pm to 2pm. Spectators are also welcome.
You may also want to watch:
To secure your paddle place call 01462 689400 – but spaces are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Other projects launched by the CVS include a Bee Crafty workshop which began on Tuesday and is held from 2pm to 4pm at Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
It is a chance to explore ways of being creative and to create pretty objects.
The first six sessions will be held on the first and third Tuesday of the month and are free of charge. Contact Jenny on 07855 323052 or 01763 221564 for more.
Healthwise, a chair-based seated exercise with Age UK started at the end of July at the same venue.
The class will run for 10 weeks every Tuesday from 1.30pm to 2.30pm. For more information call Susan on 07772 173682.
The Love Your Neighbourhood campaign aims to offer advice about healthy living and home security as well as providing children’s fun days and tips on how to make the neighbourhood bloom. Find out more online at www.lynnorthherts.org.