Royston people get the chance to make a splash as CVS spreads the love
- Credit: Archant
The 100-day Love Your Neighbourhood campaign promoted by North Herts CVS has a splashing star attraction on offer as part of its push to offer community based activities for people in Royston – with the chance to tackle the London 2012 Olympics canoe course at the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
The taster session on Monday will give people the chance to get out on the water, with qualified instructors on hand to teach you basic paddling techniques.
The session will run from 12 noon to 2pm at the centre in Waltham Cross and is open to anyone aged eight or over, and costs just £5 per person.
All equipment will be provided and no experience is required.
There are 40 places available with two hour-long slots – from 12 noon to 1pm and from 1pm to 2pm. Spectators are also welcome.
You may also want to watch:
To secure your paddle place call 01462 689400 – but spaces are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Other projects launched by the CVS include a Bee Crafty workshop which began on Tuesday and is held from 2pm to 4pm at Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
It is a chance to explore ways of being creative and to create pretty objects.
The first six sessions will be held on the first and third Tuesday of the month and are free of charge. Contact Jenny on 07855 323052 or 01763 221564 for more.
Healthwise, a chair-based seated exercise with Age UK started at the end of July at the same venue.
The class will run for 10 weeks every Tuesday from 1.30pm to 2.30pm. For more information call Susan on 07772 173682.
The Love Your Neighbourhood campaign aims to offer advice about healthy living and home security as well as providing children’s fun days and tips on how to make the neighbourhood bloom. Find out more online at www.lynnorthherts.org.