Royston pensioners encouraged to get active with Silver Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Pensioners in Royston are being encouraged to dig out their trainers and get active this Sunday with a series of fitness events.
Royston Leisure Centre in Woodcock Road is the setting for Silver Sunday – which will see a programe of activity for people aged 65 and over with events such as ‘Older, Fitter, Fabulous’, ‘Zumba Gold’ and ‘Get on ya bike’ on offer.
The sessions are tailored to suit older people and will cater for different fitness levels and health conditions.
Councillor Tony Hunter, responsible for community engagement at North Herts District Council, said: “Silver Sunday offers the chance for everyone over a certain age to come along and try a variety of new activities and keep fit and active.
“The day also gives older people the chance to meet new people in a welcoming environment, whether they come along on their own, with friends and family or with carers.”
You may also want to watch:
The programme of activities can be found at www.north-herts.gov.uk by searching ‘Silver Sunday’. To book a class contact Gemma Crosk on 01462 474560.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 4 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double