Royston pensioners encouraged to get active with Silver Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Pensioners in Royston are being encouraged to dig out their trainers and get active this Sunday with a series of fitness events.
Royston Leisure Centre in Woodcock Road is the setting for Silver Sunday – which will see a programe of activity for people aged 65 and over with events such as ‘Older, Fitter, Fabulous’, ‘Zumba Gold’ and ‘Get on ya bike’ on offer.
The sessions are tailored to suit older people and will cater for different fitness levels and health conditions.
Councillor Tony Hunter, responsible for community engagement at North Herts District Council, said: “Silver Sunday offers the chance for everyone over a certain age to come along and try a variety of new activities and keep fit and active.
“The day also gives older people the chance to meet new people in a welcoming environment, whether they come along on their own, with friends and family or with carers.”
You may also want to watch:
The programme of activities can be found at www.north-herts.gov.uk by searching ‘Silver Sunday’. To book a class contact Gemma Crosk on 01462 474560.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak