Royston pensioners encouraged to get active with Silver Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Pensioners in Royston are being encouraged to dig out their trainers and get active this Sunday with a series of fitness events.
Royston Leisure Centre in Woodcock Road is the setting for Silver Sunday – which will see a programe of activity for people aged 65 and over with events such as ‘Older, Fitter, Fabulous’, ‘Zumba Gold’ and ‘Get on ya bike’ on offer.
The sessions are tailored to suit older people and will cater for different fitness levels and health conditions.
Councillor Tony Hunter, responsible for community engagement at North Herts District Council, said: “Silver Sunday offers the chance for everyone over a certain age to come along and try a variety of new activities and keep fit and active.
“The day also gives older people the chance to meet new people in a welcoming environment, whether they come along on their own, with friends and family or with carers.”
You may also want to watch:
The programme of activities can be found at www.north-herts.gov.uk by searching ‘Silver Sunday’. To book a class contact Gemma Crosk on 01462 474560.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal