New PCSO on the beat in Royston
- Credit: Archant
There’s a new face on the beat in Royston, in the form of newly-qualified police community support officer Charlie Crichton.
PCSO Crichton is now part of the Royston Safer Neighbourhood Team, which consists of PCSOs and PCs working within the community to improve the quality of life for residents and make the area safer by proactively tackling crime and anti-social behaviour. He has responsibility for Royston town.
Charlie joined the team after completing a six-week training course – prior to joining the force, PCSO Crichton worked in one of the community’s shops and was studying photography.
He said: “I’m really enjoying my new role as a PCSO, particularly getting out and about and meeting new people from different walks of life.
“I decided to join the constabulary as I wanted to do something in the community which would help local people in their times of need.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m looking forward to becoming better known in the community and one thing I have really liked so far about the area I cover is how nice and welcoming everyone has been.
“I really hope that through this role I will be able to help as many people as possible and to make them aware of how to protect themselves from becoming a victim of crime.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
Royston Safer Neighbourhood Team Sgt Guy Westwood said: “Charlie is a great asset to the Safer Neighbourhood Team in Royston and I am delighted to welcome him.
“PCSOs and police officers on the Safer Neighbourhood Team do a great deal of great work in the community tackling offences that concern local people the most such as anti-social behaviour, burglary and motor vehicle crime. We also work hard to identify people who may be vulnerable to crime and find solutions to help them.
“Charlie will be out on his beat on proactive patrols, so has a big role to play in being a visible deterrent to criminals.”
You can contact PCSO Crichton direct via email Charlie.Crichton@herts.pnn.police.uk or phone the non-emergency number 101 and ask for him.
You can also speak to him on his airwaves radio if he is on duty. Dial 01707 354192 and say the name of the officer you wish to speak to. Always dial 999 in an emergency.