Royston Open Secrets returns for fifth year
- Credit: Archant
A FAMILY fun day is returning for its fifth year.
Royston Open Secrets will once again be held at Therfield Heath on June 9, hoping to bring residents together with community organisations, clubs, charities and businesses.
Linda Turner, Chair of Royston Open Secrets organising committee, said: “We’re more excited than ever this year because we’ve had so much interest in the event from people and organisations who want to show off what they do. This is a community-focused day of family-orientated fun for everyone.”
Last year’s event attracted nearly 1000 people from Royston and surrounding villages. There will be arena displays, a barbeque and children’s activities. There will also be an opportunity for people to enter their dogs into a talent competition.
Stands will be run by groups including Royston Library, the fire brigade and Royston Arts Festival. There will also be a range of classic cars on display.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place between 11am – 4pm and is free to attend. Visit www.open-secrets.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing