Royston Open Secrets returns for fifth year
- Credit: Archant
A FAMILY fun day is returning for its fifth year.
Royston Open Secrets will once again be held at Therfield Heath on June 9, hoping to bring residents together with community organisations, clubs, charities and businesses.
Linda Turner, Chair of Royston Open Secrets organising committee, said: “We’re more excited than ever this year because we’ve had so much interest in the event from people and organisations who want to show off what they do. This is a community-focused day of family-orientated fun for everyone.”
Last year’s event attracted nearly 1000 people from Royston and surrounding villages. There will be arena displays, a barbeque and children’s activities. There will also be an opportunity for people to enter their dogs into a talent competition.
Stands will be run by groups including Royston Library, the fire brigade and Royston Arts Festival. There will also be a range of classic cars on display.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place between 11am – 4pm and is free to attend. Visit www.open-secrets.co.uk for more information.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services