Royston Open Secrets ready to return this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The secret will be out on Sunday when some of Royston’s best businesses and community groups are showcased.
The sixth annual Royston Open Secrets exhibition is being held in a giant marquee on Therfield Heath on Sunday, June 8.
Set up in 2009, Open Secrets gives businesses, community groups, and charities a chance to show off to local people.
Last year the exhibition attracted 2,000 people form Royston and the surrounding villages, and organiser Linda Turner said: “The primary focus of Royston Open Secrets is to increase awareness among local people in Royston and surrounding villages about the wealth of local community organisations, activity groups and businesses which thrive in this town of ours. We bring everyone together for a fantastic fun-filled day out.
“I can hardly believe this is our sixth year. We’re more excited than ever this year because we’ve had so much interest in the event from people and organisations who want to show off what they have to offer. There really is a buzz about town, everyone I speak to asks about the event”.
You may also want to watch:
Set up by a group of local businesses, Local Secrets started out as a small exhibition at the Banyers’ hotel, but has been growing ever since and is now a firm fixture on the town calendar. A new addition to the 2014 line-up is a comedy night, which takes place on Friday, June 6 in the marquee.
Mrs Turner added: “Four of the local schools and colleges will also be entertaining visitors on the day, in addition to dance displays by Stage Right, G-Stars and the Electralites dance troops. With the added bonus of an historic car show, together with fun activities for children and adults alike, the event does indeed have something for everyone. We are having a fun dog show too, so bring your family dog along and join in the fun.”
- 1 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 2 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 3 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 4 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 5 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 6 Royston Cricket Club gearing up for a very busy season
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 9 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
Tickets for the comedy night, on Friday 6th, which cost £12, are available from The Heath sports club by calling 01763 243613 or visiting www.roystonheath.co.uk.
Royston Open Secrets will be Sunday June 8th 11.00am – 4pm and is FREE. For more information visit www.open-secrets.co.uk.