Royston Open Secrets boosted by district council grant support
The best kept secrets in Royston will be showcased once more at the 2014 Royston Open Secrets event.
Royston Open Secrets, a day which helps raise the profile of the retail opportunities, local services, activity groups and societies, has received a £500 grant from North Herts District Council’s Royston area committee to help with the costs of the day.
This year it will take place on Sunday, June 8, from 11am-4pm at Therfield Heath.
Sue Phillipo, Secretary of Royston Open Secrets said: “Royston Open Secrets, now in its sixth year, aims to raise the awareness of the wealth of local businesses, community groups and organisations that the town and surrounding area has to offer. “Please come and join us on the day for a family fun day out, enjoy the variety of activities, presentations and attractions, and get to meet some of the local businesses from the town.”
Bill Davidson, vice-chairman of the area committee, said: “Last year’s event provided a great opportunity for professionals in Royston to promote their services locally, build new relationships and show off what this great town has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to support this event and we would like to encourage as many local people as possible to go along on the day.”
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?