Royston Open Secrets boosted by district council grant support
The best kept secrets in Royston will be showcased once more at the 2014 Royston Open Secrets event.
Royston Open Secrets, a day which helps raise the profile of the retail opportunities, local services, activity groups and societies, has received a £500 grant from North Herts District Council’s Royston area committee to help with the costs of the day.
This year it will take place on Sunday, June 8, from 11am-4pm at Therfield Heath.
Sue Phillipo, Secretary of Royston Open Secrets said: “Royston Open Secrets, now in its sixth year, aims to raise the awareness of the wealth of local businesses, community groups and organisations that the town and surrounding area has to offer. “Please come and join us on the day for a family fun day out, enjoy the variety of activities, presentations and attractions, and get to meet some of the local businesses from the town.”
Bill Davidson, vice-chairman of the area committee, said: “Last year’s event provided a great opportunity for professionals in Royston to promote their services locally, build new relationships and show off what this great town has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to support this event and we would like to encourage as many local people as possible to go along on the day.”
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity