Royston old police station up for sale
ONE of Royston s most historic buildings is up for sale. The old police station in Priory Lane is on the market for the first time for 16 years. It is currently being used a business centre housing a range of tenants, and owner Guy Garfit explained that h
ONE of Royston's most historic buildings is up for sale.
The old police station in Priory Lane is on the market for the first time for 16 years.
It is currently being used a business centre housing a range of tenants, and owner Guy Garfit explained that he is selling up because he is moving his own businesses - the large print book shop and Solutions for Business - to new premises on the Orchard Road industrial estate.
The building was vacated by police in 1991 when the current police station, in Melbourn Street was built. It remained vacant for three years until it was purchased by Mr Garfit, who restored it to its former glory.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It's a wonderful building and one would hope the new owners maintain it in its current form.
"When we bought it, it had been boarded up for three years, and looked very neglected, so that year we spent renovating it, bringing it up to its current high standard, was very rewarding. We wanted to retain all the original Victorian features from the dock, to the prison cells."
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
The offices in the building are various different sizes, and housed in rooms such as the former magistrates' court, the witnesses' waiting room, and even the old jail cells.
Enquiries about the police station should be directed to Marshalls estate agents on 01763 247788 or via www.marshallsproperties.co.uk