Royston NatWest branch closes for good
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s NatWest branch closed its doors for good yesterday, despite a petition lobbying against the closure being set up by residents.
It was announced in December last year that the branch would be closing, along with 196 others across the country.
A petition was subsequently launched to save the branch, but proved unsuccessful.
A NatWest spokeswoman said: “We are following the Access to Banking Standard and have made our decision after careful consideration of a wide range of factors including changes in customer usage of the branch over a long period of time, how often customers are using the branch, the types of transactions they undertake, the number of customers who only bank via the branch and the other ways our customers can bank locally.
“We provide a range of alternative ways to bank, tailored to the needs of our customers and reflective of the way they live their lives.”
Other ways to bank via NatWest include online, mobile and telephone, and customers will be able to make cash deposits, cash withdrawals, cheque deposits and balance enquiries at the Royston High Street Post Office in WHSmith.
The closest NatWest branch to Royston is now in Letchworth.
- 1 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 2 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 8 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker