Royston Music School students put on a show at Christmas concert
- Credit: Archant
Festive cheer has come to Royston, as music school students put on a show in their annual Christmas concert.
Sixty children took part in the concert which was held at the Meridian School, where students played to an audience of 100 parents and relatives.
This year’s concert featured a number of performances where students from the Saturday morning Royston Music School played their renditions of hits such as Bohemian Rhapsody.
Performances came from the windband through to the wind quartet, and also featured a recital from the band’s first access students.
Concert organiser, Sue Pettit, said that for these students the performance was “their very first concert on instruments they had only begun learning in September”.
You may also want to watch:
The music school meets every Saturday morning and performs in a number of concerts throughout the year, with the new term starting on January 12. To join or to find out more information, go to www.hertsmusicservice.org.uk.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses