Royston Museum given volunteer award
- Credit: Archant
A museum has been commended for its high standards in volunteer management.
Royston and District Museum and Art Gallery received its certificate endorsing excellence in Volunteer Management – The Six Point Promise - from Royston & District Volunteer Centre last week.
The award ensures that volunteers from the community involved in the running of the museum are valued and supported.
Denise Graham, manager of Royston and District Volunteer Centre said: “I am delighted that Sarah Russell, curator of the museum, has achieved our high standard in involving volunteers.
“We are promoting a range of volunteering opportunities at Royston Museum and are confident that volunteers will thoroughly enjoy their experience as well as contributing so much to this local focal point in the community.”
The presentation coincided with the 30th anniversary of Volunteers’ Week, which highlights opportunities for volunteering in the community.
To find out more, contact the Volunteer Centre on 01763 243020, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.roystonvolunteer.org.
- 1 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Royston museum under new management
- 6 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
- 9 Foxton Granta the new boys on the Cambs & Hunts Premier League block after merger
- 10 Vandals trash Royston High Street litter bins