Royston Museum given volunteer award
- Credit: Archant
A museum has been commended for its high standards in volunteer management.
Royston and District Museum and Art Gallery received its certificate endorsing excellence in Volunteer Management – The Six Point Promise - from Royston & District Volunteer Centre last week.
The award ensures that volunteers from the community involved in the running of the museum are valued and supported.
Denise Graham, manager of Royston and District Volunteer Centre said: “I am delighted that Sarah Russell, curator of the museum, has achieved our high standard in involving volunteers.
“We are promoting a range of volunteering opportunities at Royston Museum and are confident that volunteers will thoroughly enjoy their experience as well as contributing so much to this local focal point in the community.”
You may also want to watch:
The presentation coincided with the 30th anniversary of Volunteers’ Week, which highlights opportunities for volunteering in the community.
To find out more, contact the Volunteer Centre on 01763 243020, email@example.com or visit www.roystonvolunteer.org.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre