Royston Museum given volunteer award
- Credit: Archant
A museum has been commended for its high standards in volunteer management.
Royston and District Museum and Art Gallery received its certificate endorsing excellence in Volunteer Management – The Six Point Promise - from Royston & District Volunteer Centre last week.
The award ensures that volunteers from the community involved in the running of the museum are valued and supported.
Denise Graham, manager of Royston and District Volunteer Centre said: “I am delighted that Sarah Russell, curator of the museum, has achieved our high standard in involving volunteers.
“We are promoting a range of volunteering opportunities at Royston Museum and are confident that volunteers will thoroughly enjoy their experience as well as contributing so much to this local focal point in the community.”
You may also want to watch:
The presentation coincided with the 30th anniversary of Volunteers’ Week, which highlights opportunities for volunteering in the community.
To find out more, contact the Volunteer Centre on 01763 243020, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.roystonvolunteer.org.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?