Royston Museum given volunteer award
- Credit: Archant
A museum has been commended for its high standards in volunteer management.
Royston and District Museum and Art Gallery received its certificate endorsing excellence in Volunteer Management – The Six Point Promise - from Royston & District Volunteer Centre last week.
The award ensures that volunteers from the community involved in the running of the museum are valued and supported.
Denise Graham, manager of Royston and District Volunteer Centre said: “I am delighted that Sarah Russell, curator of the museum, has achieved our high standard in involving volunteers.
“We are promoting a range of volunteering opportunities at Royston Museum and are confident that volunteers will thoroughly enjoy their experience as well as contributing so much to this local focal point in the community.”
You may also want to watch:
The presentation coincided with the 30th anniversary of Volunteers’ Week, which highlights opportunities for volunteering in the community.
To find out more, contact the Volunteer Centre on 01763 243020, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.roystonvolunteer.org.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 6 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 7 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 8 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend