Royston MP pushes for superfast broadband
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Royston is pressing for superfast broadband to be installed in towns and villages in Crow country.
Currently Ashwell and Buntingford do not have current plans for the superfast roll-out, although the Hertfordshire County Programme is aiming to ensure all areas can have 2mb by April, 2016.
MP for North East Herts Oliver Heald met Stuart Bannerman-Campbell who is leading the Hertfordshire roll-out on behalf of the county council.
Mr Bannerman-Campbell told Mr Heald he is looking to extend superfast broadband as widely as possible and that a vital additional funding announcement is being made this week by Secretary of State, Maria Miller MP.
Mr Heald, who is also working on behalf of two other villages in his constituency– Puckeridge and Watton-at-Stone – said, “I am continuing to press for access to superfast broadband for village communities.
You may also want to watch:
“As far as Buntingford and Puckeridge are concerned, I am told there are technical issues, which should be clearer over the next two or three weeks.
“I have immediately contacted Maria Miller MP, pressing the case for the North East Hertfordshire villages and for the town of Buntingford
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!