Royston MP pushes for superfast broadband
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Royston is pressing for superfast broadband to be installed in towns and villages in Crow country.
Currently Ashwell and Buntingford do not have current plans for the superfast roll-out, although the Hertfordshire County Programme is aiming to ensure all areas can have 2mb by April, 2016.
MP for North East Herts Oliver Heald met Stuart Bannerman-Campbell who is leading the Hertfordshire roll-out on behalf of the county council.
Mr Bannerman-Campbell told Mr Heald he is looking to extend superfast broadband as widely as possible and that a vital additional funding announcement is being made this week by Secretary of State, Maria Miller MP.
Mr Heald, who is also working on behalf of two other villages in his constituency– Puckeridge and Watton-at-Stone – said, “I am continuing to press for access to superfast broadband for village communities.
You may also want to watch:
“As far as Buntingford and Puckeridge are concerned, I am told there are technical issues, which should be clearer over the next two or three weeks.
“I have immediately contacted Maria Miller MP, pressing the case for the North East Hertfordshire villages and for the town of Buntingford
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter