Royston MP Oliver Heald loses ministerial role in a cabinet reshuffle
- Credit: Archant
An MP has lost his ministerial role in a cabinet reshuffle.
Oliver Heald, MP for North East Herts, has been removed from his post as solicitor-general and deputy to attorney-general Dominic Grieve.
Mr Heald, a former barrister, took up the post in September 2012 following another reshuffle and previously held the role of under secretary at the Department of Social Security in John Major’s government.
He said: “I was very fortunate to have held two posts in government as a minister and obviously that is a privilege.
“I have always been focused on helping my constituents in East and North Herts and there is still a lot of work to do for them which I intend to keep on doing.”
You may also want to watch:
It is yet to be announced who will replace him.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences