Royston MP Oliver Heald loses ministerial role in a cabinet reshuffle
- Credit: Archant
An MP has lost his ministerial role in a cabinet reshuffle.
Oliver Heald, MP for North East Herts, has been removed from his post as solicitor-general and deputy to attorney-general Dominic Grieve.
Mr Heald, a former barrister, took up the post in September 2012 following another reshuffle and previously held the role of under secretary at the Department of Social Security in John Major’s government.
He said: “I was very fortunate to have held two posts in government as a minister and obviously that is a privilege.
“I have always been focused on helping my constituents in East and North Herts and there is still a lot of work to do for them which I intend to keep on doing.”
You may also want to watch:
It is yet to be announced who will replace him.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 10 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event