Royston Mental Health Support Group spin-off for carers is launched
- Credit: Archant
A group has been set up to give people who care for those with mental health problems the chance to meet up and support each other in Royston.
The Royston Mental Health Carers Support Group is a spin-off of the successful Royston Mental Health Support Group, which has more than 600 members on Facebook and sees a group meet up regularly on Monday evenings.
The mental health support group has been running since October, and founder Robbie Lane said: “People have already changed so much. One member used to sit quietly and was so nervous and shy, now she is the life and soul. People say they would be lost without the group.”
Robbie is currently in talks with a counsellor from Meridian School about setting up a group for teenagers between the age of 13 and 17 in the new year.
If you are a parent and would like to find out more, you can call Robbie on 07500 558376.
You may also want to watch:
The Royston Mental Health Support group meets up every Monday evening between 7pm and 9pm at the Royal British Legion club in Mill Road.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident