Royston Mental Health Support Group spin-off for carers is launched
- Credit: Archant
A group has been set up to give people who care for those with mental health problems the chance to meet up and support each other in Royston.
The Royston Mental Health Carers Support Group is a spin-off of the successful Royston Mental Health Support Group, which has more than 600 members on Facebook and sees a group meet up regularly on Monday evenings.
The mental health support group has been running since October, and founder Robbie Lane said: “People have already changed so much. One member used to sit quietly and was so nervous and shy, now she is the life and soul. People say they would be lost without the group.”
Robbie is currently in talks with a counsellor from Meridian School about setting up a group for teenagers between the age of 13 and 17 in the new year.
If you are a parent and would like to find out more, you can call Robbie on 07500 558376.
You may also want to watch:
The Royston Mental Health Support group meets up every Monday evening between 7pm and 9pm at the Royal British Legion club in Mill Road.
- 1 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Letchworth triumph over Royston in inaugural match