Royston Mental Health Support Group spin-off for carers is launched
- Credit: Archant
A group has been set up to give people who care for those with mental health problems the chance to meet up and support each other in Royston.
The Royston Mental Health Carers Support Group is a spin-off of the successful Royston Mental Health Support Group, which has more than 600 members on Facebook and sees a group meet up regularly on Monday evenings.
The mental health support group has been running since October, and founder Robbie Lane said: “People have already changed so much. One member used to sit quietly and was so nervous and shy, now she is the life and soul. People say they would be lost without the group.”
Robbie is currently in talks with a counsellor from Meridian School about setting up a group for teenagers between the age of 13 and 17 in the new year.
If you are a parent and would like to find out more, you can call Robbie on 07500 558376.
You may also want to watch:
The Royston Mental Health Support group meets up every Monday evening between 7pm and 9pm at the Royal British Legion club in Mill Road.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people