Royston McDonald’s opens for business
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON’S new McDonald’s restaurant has opened, and is promising to create over 100 jobs for local people.
The new restaurant, on Baldock Road near the Little Chef roundabout, opened on Wednesday, and has been busy during its first week of trading.
It has employed 85 people, and has plans to take on 25 more as the business grows.
Ismail Anilmis, franchisee at the new restaurant said he was “thrilled” to be opening the restaurant.
He said: “I myself started working in restaurants over 30 years ago, so to be opening a new restaurant in the town is a very proud moment for me. The restaurant has been busy since it opened, and I would like to thank my staff for their continued hard work to give our customers the best possible experience.”
You may also want to watch:
The new drive-thru restaurant features energy saving solar panels that light the restaurant in daylight hours without using electricity.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?