Royston McDonald’s opens for business
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON’S new McDonald’s restaurant has opened, and is promising to create over 100 jobs for local people.
The new restaurant, on Baldock Road near the Little Chef roundabout, opened on Wednesday, and has been busy during its first week of trading.
It has employed 85 people, and has plans to take on 25 more as the business grows.
Ismail Anilmis, franchisee at the new restaurant said he was “thrilled” to be opening the restaurant.
He said: “I myself started working in restaurants over 30 years ago, so to be opening a new restaurant in the town is a very proud moment for me. The restaurant has been busy since it opened, and I would like to thank my staff for their continued hard work to give our customers the best possible experience.”
You may also want to watch:
The new drive-thru restaurant features energy saving solar panels that light the restaurant in daylight hours without using electricity.
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 4 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 5 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 6 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
- 10 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms