Royston McDonald’s opens for business
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON’S new McDonald’s restaurant has opened, and is promising to create over 100 jobs for local people.
The new restaurant, on Baldock Road near the Little Chef roundabout, opened on Wednesday, and has been busy during its first week of trading.
It has employed 85 people, and has plans to take on 25 more as the business grows.
Ismail Anilmis, franchisee at the new restaurant said he was “thrilled” to be opening the restaurant.
He said: “I myself started working in restaurants over 30 years ago, so to be opening a new restaurant in the town is a very proud moment for me. The restaurant has been busy since it opened, and I would like to thank my staff for their continued hard work to give our customers the best possible experience.”
You may also want to watch:
The new drive-thru restaurant features energy saving solar panels that light the restaurant in daylight hours without using electricity.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote