Royston mayor’s open invite to town meet
- Credit: Archant
It’s that time of year again, where members of the Royston establishment congregate to report back to the community on progress in their line of work.
Royston Town Council’s annual town meeting will be held tonight (Thursday) at the Town Hall.
Mayor Ben Lewis will discuss the community trust fund grants and the Community Service Awards, and there will be reports from Chief Insp Julie Wheatley who oversees police matters in the town and Royston First BID Company’s Geraint Burnell.
Fiona Hill, who represents the town on both North Herts District Council and Herts County Council, will also present a report.
And the chairs of Royston Town Council committees, F John Smith, Lindsay Davidson and Mike Harrison will give a briefing on finance, planning and highways matters.
There will then be a chance for people to ask questions to the town, district and county councillors.
The meeting will be held in the Heritage Hall at the Melbourn Street venue from 7.30pm.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
Mayor Ben Lewis, who is also a district councillor, is encouraging everyone in the town to get involved and have their say on issues that affect them.
He said: “Please come along to hear the town, district and county councillors, as voted for by yourselves, give a report on their committees and achievements.
“It is an opportunity to meet the team and pose any questions you wish.”