Royston mayor’s open invite to town meet
- Credit: Archant
It’s that time of year again, where members of the Royston establishment congregate to report back to the community on progress in their line of work.
Royston Town Council’s annual town meeting will be held tonight (Thursday) at the Town Hall.
Mayor Ben Lewis will discuss the community trust fund grants and the Community Service Awards, and there will be reports from Chief Insp Julie Wheatley who oversees police matters in the town and Royston First BID Company’s Geraint Burnell.
Fiona Hill, who represents the town on both North Herts District Council and Herts County Council, will also present a report.
And the chairs of Royston Town Council committees, F John Smith, Lindsay Davidson and Mike Harrison will give a briefing on finance, planning and highways matters.
You may also want to watch:
There will then be a chance for people to ask questions to the town, district and county councillors.
The meeting will be held in the Heritage Hall at the Melbourn Street venue from 7.30pm.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
Mayor Ben Lewis, who is also a district councillor, is encouraging everyone in the town to get involved and have their say on issues that affect them.
He said: “Please come along to hear the town, district and county councillors, as voted for by yourselves, give a report on their committees and achievements.
“It is an opportunity to meet the team and pose any questions you wish.”