Royston mayor’s open invite to town meet
- Credit: Archant
It’s that time of year again, where members of the Royston establishment congregate to report back to the community on progress in their line of work.
Royston Town Council’s annual town meeting will be held tonight (Thursday) at the Town Hall.
Mayor Ben Lewis will discuss the community trust fund grants and the Community Service Awards, and there will be reports from Chief Insp Julie Wheatley who oversees police matters in the town and Royston First BID Company’s Geraint Burnell.
Fiona Hill, who represents the town on both North Herts District Council and Herts County Council, will also present a report.
And the chairs of Royston Town Council committees, F John Smith, Lindsay Davidson and Mike Harrison will give a briefing on finance, planning and highways matters.
There will then be a chance for people to ask questions to the town, district and county councillors.
The meeting will be held in the Heritage Hall at the Melbourn Street venue from 7.30pm.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 8 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 9 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 10 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
Mayor Ben Lewis, who is also a district councillor, is encouraging everyone in the town to get involved and have their say on issues that affect them.
He said: “Please come along to hear the town, district and county councillors, as voted for by yourselves, give a report on their committees and achievements.
“It is an opportunity to meet the team and pose any questions you wish.”