Royston mayor’s open invite to town meet
- Credit: Archant
It’s that time of year again, where members of the Royston establishment congregate to report back to the community on progress in their line of work.
Royston Town Council’s annual town meeting will be held tonight (Thursday) at the Town Hall.
Mayor Ben Lewis will discuss the community trust fund grants and the Community Service Awards, and there will be reports from Chief Insp Julie Wheatley who oversees police matters in the town and Royston First BID Company’s Geraint Burnell.
Fiona Hill, who represents the town on both North Herts District Council and Herts County Council, will also present a report.
And the chairs of Royston Town Council committees, F John Smith, Lindsay Davidson and Mike Harrison will give a briefing on finance, planning and highways matters.
You may also want to watch:
There will then be a chance for people to ask questions to the town, district and county councillors.
The meeting will be held in the Heritage Hall at the Melbourn Street venue from 7.30pm.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
Mayor Ben Lewis, who is also a district councillor, is encouraging everyone in the town to get involved and have their say on issues that affect them.
He said: “Please come along to hear the town, district and county councillors, as voted for by yourselves, give a report on their committees and achievements.
“It is an opportunity to meet the team and pose any questions you wish.”