Royston mayor’s open invite to town meet
- Credit: Archant
It’s that time of year again, where members of the Royston establishment congregate to report back to the community on progress in their line of work.
Royston Town Council’s annual town meeting will be held tonight (Thursday) at the Town Hall.
Mayor Ben Lewis will discuss the community trust fund grants and the Community Service Awards, and there will be reports from Chief Insp Julie Wheatley who oversees police matters in the town and Royston First BID Company’s Geraint Burnell.
Fiona Hill, who represents the town on both North Herts District Council and Herts County Council, will also present a report.
And the chairs of Royston Town Council committees, F John Smith, Lindsay Davidson and Mike Harrison will give a briefing on finance, planning and highways matters.
You may also want to watch:
There will then be a chance for people to ask questions to the town, district and county councillors.
The meeting will be held in the Heritage Hall at the Melbourn Street venue from 7.30pm.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
Mayor Ben Lewis, who is also a district councillor, is encouraging everyone in the town to get involved and have their say on issues that affect them.
He said: “Please come along to hear the town, district and county councillors, as voted for by yourselves, give a report on their committees and achievements.
“It is an opportunity to meet the team and pose any questions you wish.”