Royston mayor champions girl guides
- Credit: Archant
Royston district girl guides were invited to showcase their movement to the mayor at a civic service ceremony.
Members reflected on girl guiding in Royston with mayor Victoria Hulstrom-Allen, who has chosen the association as her charity of the year.
District commissioner Claire Walkiden said: “Girl guiding in Royston is still very active with units for all the age ranges.
“Rainbows join at five years of age and continue until they are seven when they can move to brownies.
“They can then progress to guides and after this to the senior section until they’re 26.
You may also want to watch:
“There is also an active Trefoil Guild that is for all women, this group meets once a month and enjoy many activities including talks and meals.
“All sections are always looking for new members, both children and adults.”
- 1 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 10 County 'extremely grateful' for chief fire officer's 30-year service
For further information search for the Royston district via www.girlguiding.org.uk.