Royston mayor champions girl guides
- Credit: Archant
Royston district girl guides were invited to showcase their movement to the mayor at a civic service ceremony.
Members reflected on girl guiding in Royston with mayor Victoria Hulstrom-Allen, who has chosen the association as her charity of the year.
District commissioner Claire Walkiden said: “Girl guiding in Royston is still very active with units for all the age ranges.
“Rainbows join at five years of age and continue until they are seven when they can move to brownies.
“They can then progress to guides and after this to the senior section until they’re 26.
You may also want to watch:
“There is also an active Trefoil Guild that is for all women, this group meets once a month and enjoy many activities including talks and meals.
“All sections are always looking for new members, both children and adults.”
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
For further information search for the Royston district via www.girlguiding.org.uk.