Royston mayor champions girl guides
- Credit: Archant
Royston district girl guides were invited to showcase their movement to the mayor at a civic service ceremony.
Members reflected on girl guiding in Royston with mayor Victoria Hulstrom-Allen, who has chosen the association as her charity of the year.
District commissioner Claire Walkiden said: “Girl guiding in Royston is still very active with units for all the age ranges.
“Rainbows join at five years of age and continue until they are seven when they can move to brownies.
“They can then progress to guides and after this to the senior section until they’re 26.
“There is also an active Trefoil Guild that is for all women, this group meets once a month and enjoy many activities including talks and meals.
“All sections are always looking for new members, both children and adults.”
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
For further information search for the Royston district via www.girlguiding.org.uk.