Royston May Fayre packed to the rafters with party goers
- Credit: Archant
Priory Gardens was packed out on Monday for the Royston’s annual May Fayre, with face-painting, rock-climbing and dog and car shows among the countless distractions on offer.
There was ice cream, Punch and Judy and a ‘beat the keeper’ football stand – and kids seeking a bit more of an adrenaline rush could go down a towering inflatable slide or have a go at bungee trampolining.
Tying into the fayre was the Rotary Club of Royston’s annual Historic Vehicle Show in the town hall car park, with the mayor Ben Lewis among the multitude of admiring onlookers.
He judged and awarded one of the prizes at the show, picking out a 1954 Ford Popular 103E restored to its former glory by Richard Healey.
The mayor said: “I was quite awestruck how many people have made the effort to turn out. The quality of the cars was so amazing as well, and so varied, that it was a difficult choice.
You may also want to watch:
“Richard, who did the Popular – he’s spent about 20 years on that car, really put his life and soul into it. It’s just amazing.”
The president’s award – given by Royston Rotary president David Williams – went to Gary Seeley and his Chevrolet minicab from 1948.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
The prize for the best motorcycle was won by Michael Jiggins for his Norton bike.
For more see roystonrotary.com.