‘Royston May Fayre showed what a fantastic town we have’
- Credit: Picture: KEVIN RICHARDS
There was plenty of fun to be had at Royston’s “fantastic” May Fayre on bank holiday Monday.
Attractions included an amateur dog show, rideable miniature train, fairground rides, Royston Town Band and Punch & Judy.
In the Rotary Club Historic Vehicle Show, mayor Iain Leggett awarded best vehicle in show to Russell Phillippo for his English built 1954 Citroën while club president David Blundell made his award for best vehicle to Ritchie Penn's 1969 Ford Mustang and for best motorbike to Terry Cooper's newly-restored 1965 Ariel Arrow.
Councillor Leggett said: "What a fantastic Royston May Fayre we had! Probably the best yet.
"It was so wonderful to see families enjoying an afternoon out. "There was something for everyone, just showing what a fantastic town we have. So a big thank you to all who helped make it happen."
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Royston Town Council said: "We would like to thank all the caterers, entertainment providers and everyone who came to the day and made it such a success. A big thank you must go to many of those involved, including the May Fayre working group, all volunteers on the day, and our town clerk, Caroline Mills, who really went above and beyond. We are also grateful to McDonald's and Tees Law staff, who kept the park tidy for us."
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station