Royston man takes plunge for charity
A Royston mechanic has conquered the skies after taking a sky dive for charity.
Danny Standing, 20, raised �400 for the NSPCC. It was the first time he has taken part in a sky dive.
Mr Standing said: “It wasn’t until I was dangling out of the plane that I started to worry, but by then it was a bit late.
“The dive was the most fantastic experience I have ever had, and I feel that I have done something really worthwhile,” said the Sillence Court resident, who used to attend the Greneway and Meridian Schools.
Danny’s mother Kate Fraser said: “He didn’t tell his great grandma until afterwards as it would worry her.
You may also want to watch:
She said she will sponsor him next time though, because knowing him, there will be a next time.”
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021