Royston man takes plunge for charity
A Royston mechanic has conquered the skies after taking a sky dive for charity.
Danny Standing, 20, raised �400 for the NSPCC. It was the first time he has taken part in a sky dive.
Mr Standing said: “It wasn’t until I was dangling out of the plane that I started to worry, but by then it was a bit late.
“The dive was the most fantastic experience I have ever had, and I feel that I have done something really worthwhile,” said the Sillence Court resident, who used to attend the Greneway and Meridian Schools.
Danny’s mother Kate Fraser said: “He didn’t tell his great grandma until afterwards as it would worry her.
You may also want to watch:
She said she will sponsor him next time though, because knowing him, there will be a next time.”
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation