Royston man takes plunge for charity
A Royston mechanic has conquered the skies after taking a sky dive for charity.
Danny Standing, 20, raised �400 for the NSPCC. It was the first time he has taken part in a sky dive.
Mr Standing said: “It wasn’t until I was dangling out of the plane that I started to worry, but by then it was a bit late.
“The dive was the most fantastic experience I have ever had, and I feel that I have done something really worthwhile,” said the Sillence Court resident, who used to attend the Greneway and Meridian Schools.
Danny’s mother Kate Fraser said: “He didn’t tell his great grandma until afterwards as it would worry her.
You may also want to watch:
She said she will sponsor him next time though, because knowing him, there will be a next time.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now